Scott Tiedens - KSP 643

Minnesota State University Mankato Educational Technology Program

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Seeking Outside Help

Scott
Check out this eamil. We should try and get Leigh Anderson to come and see us. 651-653-1351 ________________________________________
From: Donald Glover [donald.glover@uwrf.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:30 AM
To: Hack, Steve
Cc: leighanderson@comcast.net
Subject: RE: Help

> Don,
> Thank you for getting back to me soon.
>
> Arizona. Very nice! I hope you are enjoying the Arizona winter.
>
> I hope that Leigh Anderson is able to help us and come to our
> in-service day in February. I think it would be a huge help. I
> really like what we are teaching. I think we have a top notch
> curriculum. Our only down fall is assessesment. As a group we don't
> like skill assessment either but we are struggling in what and how to
> assess. We want to fix it but we need a gentle push in the right
> direction. Thank you for your help I truly appreciate it!
>
> Take Care
> Steve Hack

Hi Steve:
I talked to Leigh Anderson and she would very much like to talk to you. I don't think she will have time to do an in-service ,but, she would like to talk to you. Her number is 651-653-1351.
She also thinks you should look at the assessment chapter in Character Education and pick and choose. The reason I don't like skill assessment is because our students do not get enough practice time. It is easier to improve in math or reading as they have books they can take home to practice with as well as daily classroom practice. It is tough to check out volleyballs and nets for at home practice -plus you only see them twice per week.
Physical Education fitness/wellness homework is very appropriate , however Using partners for peer assessment of skill during class time is very appropriate as well, as long as they are not graded on it. The assessment will give you information as to how to improve their skill--or help in planning activities Look closely at that chapter in Character Education and talk to Leigh.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance

Don Glover

No comments:

Post a Comment